Given the widespread popularity of yoga now, yoga centers in India are mushrooming up in almost every nook and corner. However, the moot question is just how many of them are worth enrolling in and exactly how many recruit trained and certified teachers for imparting yoga Teacher training in India to aspirants?
It is not just the choice of teachers, but also the environment in which the sessions are conducted, the kind of thinking that’s driving the yoga training as well as the quality of student-teacher exchange is very important in deciding for or against a specific yoga teacher training in India.
It is extremely important to decide on the quality and the kind of competence level of the teacher who is imparting the yoga teacher training. Not only is it important for students to learn right way to do asanas from a trained teacher but also in case you face any problem while performing the asanas, a certified trainer is always in a right position to assist the students in correcting them so that they practice it the right way.
So while choosing the yoga teacher training in India, aspirants always should ensure that
• They check the teacher’s certification physically and don’t go by mere word of mouth
• If possible, they should even look at a possibility where the student can get a trial class
• Gauge how comprehensive the training quality is and the kind of student-teacher exchange that takes place
• The overall response to student queries.
It is also very important to ascertain that the environment in which the training is being imparted.
• Very dingy, claustrophobic and badly lit room for training is never suitable for a healthy session.
• A well-lit room with proper air circulation and sufficient space for training is crucial for a well-rounded and comprehensive yoga practice.
• Also, badly lit or damp rooms can even lead to many experiencing bad health or nausea during training
• Additionally if the yoga teacher training in India is being conducted amidst a lot of noise and disturbance, the students can never fully enjoy the benefit of the training
• Noise also can result in students being unable to concentrate during meditation or pranayama, which are integral part of the training session
• Additionally a well-lit and pleasant room will always enhance the yoga experience in its entirety
• A pleasant environment can often encourage students to further their yoga training.
It is very important that not only is the training environment proper but also the required props are in place for the proper fruition of the yoga practice. Often without adequate props the yoga benefits are often lost, and the students’ training is rendered null and void.
In short, it is very important that a yoga school in India you choose gives equal importance to discipline, training techniques and overall response to student queries and apprehension. They should not only be taught in the right manner but also be taught the why and how of an asana for its best outcome.
Sign up to The Connection newsletter and stay in the loop.